At NeuroPace, employees are our greatest asset. We are continually searching for solution-oriented individuals who can bring energy and creativity to our growing workforce. At NeuroPace, our success depends upon our ability to recruit and retain the most talented, enthusiastic and dedicated people we can find and providing them with a dynamic and challenging environment in which to thrive.
NeuroPace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions of our culturally diverse workforce.
NEUROPACE, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION OR AGE.
The commercial operations team at NeuroPace is responsible for leading data analytics and managing the commercial team’s data infrastructure such as Salesforce, Tableau, and related sales and customer facing processes. This role is responsible for managing, analyzing, interpreting, modeling and communicating the data that will drive our business forward. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Commercial & Manufacturing Operations.
- Informs the decision-making process to produce improved commercial outcomes
- Provides a fact-base and thoughtful partnership to the commercial leadership and executive team
- Identifies and establishes the right measurement frameworks, key performance indicators (KPIs), and analysis to identify actionable opportunities that can be used to drive business growth
- Understands how to take large amounts of data and interpret / analyze it in ways that drive business insights
- Supports development of customer facing dashboards that communicate the power of NeuroPace data
- Support commercial organization ensuring timeliness, completeness, and report accuracy
- Develop metrics and reports to manage sales pipeline, build revenue, and attain quotas
- Coordinate sales forecasting and planning processes at the direction of and to support the VP of Sales
- Assist in development and management of field team compensation plans and quotas
- Assist with territory planning, account segmentation, and data management activities
- Partner with marketing to calculate and report on patient funnel, conversion rates, and ROI for key commercial programs
- Develop actionable insights from customer data including purchasing habits and trends
- Perform data mining, analytics, and revenue modeling to track progress on key performance indicators and identify opportunities for growth and revenue acceleration
- Develop and manage performance dashboards to capture key metrics to be reviewed with field team leadership to reinforce the right actions and behaviors to drive business results
- Support other functional areas with reports and dashboards that assist with business and regulated activities such as device tracking, complaint trending and reporting, inventory management, customer and patient support, development, and clinical study execution
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years previous sales analytics experience; previous medical device experience preferred
- Excellent command of business drivers and relevant data sets (e.g. financial, sales & marketing, costs, etc.) and comfort with databases and data analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Tableau, Salesforce, ETLs, etc.)
- Expertise with hands-on data analytics and modeling preferably within the medical device industry
- Proven ability to interact and effectively communicate with peers, customers, business partners, and executives to present actionable insights and facilitate practical use of reports and dashboards
- Ability to understand and communicate the business impact of data analysis and recommendations
- Extensive experience with primary tools used by NeuroPace including Excel, Tableau, Salesforce, etc.
- Recognized for analytical rigor and has ability to effectively analyze ambiguous, partial, or limited data sets
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and driven with the ability to prioritize multiple competing projects
- Ability to simply explain complex analytical models to less technical users
The Line Lead is responsible for overseeing and assisting the team of assemblers. This includes various assemblies, inspections, and test processes to produce a high-quality product. It is very important that this individual possess the ability to motivate assemblers. Duties include a variety of mechanical manufacturing operations on implantable leads, assemblies or sub-assemblies. Follow methods and sequence of operations in the assembly, molding, laser welding, laser etching, adhesive bonding, electrical testing, and packaging of implantable leads and RNS assemblies and sub-assemblies. Work in conformance with Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Assign daily duties to meet manufacturing build plan. Ensure WIP flows smoothly through production. Alerts manufacturing engineering and manufacturing supervisor to quality and production related issues.
- Responsible for assigning daily duties to operators.
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices.
- Provides daily leadership and monitoring of line personnel.
- Maintain cleanroom standards, practices, and housekeeping according to SOPs.
- Alerts supervisor or materials department on shortages of components, supplies, and other production related requirements.
- Ensures production team executes work assignments in support of objectives.
- Assemble RNS products and implantable leads using small hand tools, microscopes, and various fixtures.
- Perform soldering operations using soldering equipment.
- Perform welding operations using Laser Weld and Resistance Weld equipment.
- Perform tensile testing using Chatillon / Instron Pull tester equipment.
- Perform electrical and other tests using automated test equipment.
- Perform sterile and finished goods packaging using tray sealing equipment.
- Operation of transfer press equipment used for rubber molding.
- Work with manufacturing supervisor, engineers, and QA staff to develop and document manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Assist in solving production problems.
- Revise or clarify production procedures as problems are identified.
- Assist in training production personnel.
- Assist in investigation and testing of new or revised production procedures.
- Assist in identifying and fixing tooling or fixture problems.
- Accurately follows all applicable manufacturing documentation in the assembly and testing of product.
- Prior to executing work steps, ensures that all appropriate training has been received and documented.
- Ensures that all tasks are executed in accordance with NeuroPace Quality System requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Requires a high school diploma, technical courses, or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably in medical device manufacturing.
- Ability to read and follow production and assembly instructions.
- Extensive experience in manufacturing and clean room environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English.
- Proficiency in written communication with ability to provide production (metric) reports
- Proficient understanding of the QSR, ISO, & OSHA regulations that affect the production floor.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, use good judgment, and take initiative to meet production requirements.
- Ability to interact with necessary support personnel (ME, QE, QA, Materials, etc.) to ensure effective operations in production areas.
- Demonstrated ability to act as lead and trainer for new assemblers.
- Must have the ability to maintain the physical condition, mental attention and stamina needed to perform assigned duties and responsibilities.
- This position requires a high level of hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and attention to details, tenacity and focus over prolonged periods of time.
- Some or all of the work may be in a high volume and regulated manufacturing controlled environment.
This position requires strong project management skills, broad comprehension of statistical analyses and data management processes, and effective written and verbal communication skills. The position directs multifaceted activities required to produce clinical study reports for regulatory and scientific purposes, from trial conception through completion.
- Clinical Research
- Identify and assist in qualitative and quantitative analyses of clinical trial data to support clinical study reports and product development.
- Manage the generation of clinical study reports and other clinical documents.
- Collaborate with Regulatory Affairs in preparing documents/presentation materials for submission to and/or meetings with regulatory agencies.
- Provide clinical study findings to physicians as necessary in response to questions received by Medical Affairs or Product Monitoring.
- Assist in the preparation of abstracts, poster presentations, slides, and manuscripts of clinical study findings.
- Clinical Trial Development
- Work with clinical scientists, CMO, and statisticians to establish trial endpoints and statistical methods.
- Contribute to clinical study protocol development, including performing literature reviews and analyses to provide clinical and scientific evidence to support clinical trial design.
- Assist trial managers in developing and maintaining investigational plan documents, including risk benefit analyses, data analysis plans, and data management plans.
- Data Management
- Lead or assist in developing datasets for research, product development, and clinical trials, including working closely with other clinical scientists, statisticians and programmers.
- Manage dataset validation to confirm accuracy, including leading or assisting in the development of methods to identify data errors and inconsistencies.
- Develop and use methods for analyzing and monitoring continuously collected product and clinical data.
- Work with Oracle databases using SQL.
- Disseminate pertinent data-related information to appropriate clinical and regulatory team members.
- Coordinate and execute other assigned project tasks to meet departmental and corporate goals.
- Advanced degree in basic or clinical neuroscience, neurology, neurophysiology, or biomedical engineering. PhD strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience conducting research.
- Experience with cloud databases (e.g., GCP), relational databases (e.g. Oracle), and using APIs for data access.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of medical terminology.
- Energetic, detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and excellent analytical ability.
- Work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to meet critical timelines.
- Work effectively in team environment.
- Experience in clinical data management in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device or clinical research environment a plus.
- Working knowledge of FDA, GCP, and ICH regulations specific to clinical study protocols.
- Biostatistics background with experience in SAS or R.
The successful candidate will function as a key member of the preclinical research team, interacting closely with clinical, research and engineering personnel. Responsibilities include full stack development and maintenance of: (1) an Oracle database, (2) automated tools and reports for clinical product support, (3) interactive web interfaces, and (4) data acquisition, management, and analysis software for preclinical research. They will support ad hoc analyses to address research, clinical, and engineering neuroscience questions, and contribute to new technology development.
- Maintain and develop web-based automated and interactive clinical product support tools
- Maintain and develop tools for engineering and clinical groups
- Document, test, verify, and validate software
- Participate as a team member in research and software development projects
- Maintain and administer Oracle database
- Maintain and administer Linux servers
- Plan, initiate, and execute own work
- Learn new skills for effective software design and data analysis
- Receive applicable training in NeuroPace procedures and policies
- May contribute to scientific publications and intellectual property development
- Undergraduate technical degree or demonstrated technical experience
- 2-4+ years software development experience
- Speaks and writes clearly and unambiguously
- Experience working a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially interacting with non-technical users
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Back end web development using Python, SQL
- Linux systems administration, especially RedHat and Ubuntu Server
- Oracle database development and administration
- Version control using Git
- Cybersecurity best practices
- Integration of code testing with development
- Consistency with documentation of code and processes
- Proficient with Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Experience with single-page web application libraries (React.js or similar)
- Experience with HTTP server software (Nginx or similar)
- Experience building HTTP-based RESTful APIs
- Experience or interest in user interface and user experience design
- Matlab, Java, C, PL/SQL
- Experience with HIPAA regulations and building HIPAA compliant systems
Culture & Values
NeuroPace is dedicated to developing, manufacturing and marketing safe and effective medical devices that improve the quality of life for patients with neurological disorders. Company priorities include the development of high quality products focused on customer needs and the maintenance of a work environment where employees are respected and encouraged to excel.
By fostering individual performance, teamwork and the spirit of partnership, we provide both the tools and the environment to help employees excel as individuals as well as team members.
NeuroPace offers a comprehensive package including:
- Pre-IPO stock option plan
- 401(k) plan
- Medical insurance with PPO and HMO options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Domestic partner health coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Section 125 flexible benefits program, including Health Care Spending Accounts and Child Care Spending Accounts
- Section 529 college savings plan
- Three weeks paid vacation to start
- Eleven paid holidays
- PTO for sick time and family emergencies
- Other benefits
– Health club membership
– Patent awards program
– Anniversary rewards
– Casual dress – everyday
– Company picnics, parties and barbecues
– Fully stocked kitchen
– and more!