At NeuroPace, employees are our greatest asset. We are continually searching for solution-oriented individuals who can bring energy and creativity to our growing workforce. At NeuroPace, our success depends upon our ability to recruit and retain the most talented, enthusiastic and dedicated people we can find and providing them with a dynamic and challenging environment in which to thrive.
NeuroPace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions of our culturally diverse workforce.
NEUROPACE, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION OR AGE.
Manage all manufacturing efforts in support of company objectives. This position reports to the highest level Operations position. Operations is responsible for the manufacturing of all NeuroPace products produced in the Mountain View, California facility.
- Assigns duties and coordinate activities of supervisors and/or employees; maintain schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
- Recruits, hires, trains staff, evaluates employee performance, and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action
- Lead Lean & Continuous Improvement activities for the site. Champion initiatives and mentor cross functional team members in executing projects for their respective departments.
- Participate as the Manufacturing Operations Readiness Lead in strategic planning sessions
- Recognizes and solves problems affecting production including schedules, staff, quality, and order of production line.
- Prioritizes production activities based on volumes, equipment efficiency and material supply in conjunction with Materials personnel.
- Interacts closely with other departments outside of operations (Engineering, Product Development, Clinical, etc.) in support of new product and process development. Manages scheduling of engineering and clinical use product support.
- Plans and administrates procedures and budgets. Make budgetary recommendations regarding capital expenditure and direct / indirect labor
- Measures progress by established standards of performance. Performance measurements may include work in progress tracking, targeted yields and others defined through quality and productivity initiatives.
- Maintain a work environment in adherence to FDA cGMP and ISO13485 requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and a minimum of 10+ years’ experience manufacturing medical devices with increasing responsibility including supervision of direct labor
- Lean Six Sigma experience required, greenbelt or blackbelt strongly preferred
- Able to define and execute quality processes in a low volume, fast paced manufacturing environment
- Able to apply strategic thinking
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member
- Able to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Demonstrated strength in leadership and team building skills
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure, multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and MRP systems a plus
The successful candidate will function as a key member of the software development team, interacting closely with clinical, research and other engineering personnel. Responsibilities include full stack development and maintenance of: (1) an Oracle database, (2) automated tools and reports for product support, (3) interactive web interfaces, and (4) data acquisition and management. You will support and perform ad hoc analyses to address engineering, research, and clinical questions, and contribute to new technology development.
- Maintain and develop a set of web-based automated and interactive clinical product support tools and an Oracle database
- Maintain Linux-based database servers and research computers
- Document, test, verify and validate software
- Create data and development tools for engineering and clinical groups
- Plan, initiate, and execute own work
- Learn new skills for effective software design and data analysis
- Receive applicable training in NeuroPace procedures and policies
- Participate in a productive team environment and cooperate as a team member in research and software development projects
- Undergraduate technical degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Mininum of 5+ years software development experience
- Proficient with Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Speaks and writes clearly and unambiguously
- Working experience in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially interacting with non-technical users
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in user interface and user experience design
- Oracle database development and administration
- Linux systems administration, especially RHEL
- Back end web development using Apache
- Python web development in Django and Flask
- Version control using Git
- SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Django
- Cybersecurity best practices
- Integration of code testing with development
- Consistency with documentation of code and processes
- Experience with HIPAA regulations
- MATLAB, JAVA, C
- Provide help desk support for user community including occasional support outside of standard business hours.
- Work with all levels of the organization to troubleshoot and resolve both simple and complex problems involving workstation (desktop & laptop) hardware and software, printers, and mobile devices.
- Deploy new software applications and train users as required on all hardware and software.
- Support personnel working in varied locations including home office and on-the-road.
- Perform new system builds, images, upgrades and repairs – for Windows-based desktops/laptops, iPads, and iPhones. Perform system upgrades and repairs.
- Research problem resolution for software and hardware issues including working with third party support vendors.
- Coordinate IT supply inventory including hardware inventory to ensure adequate supplies on hand.
- Perform printer/copier support and maintenance
- Participate in projects involving the configuration, deployment and user training of various hardware/software solutions including both desktop and mobile device software.
- Minimum 5 years experience in information technology end user support including support of Windows operating system for desktops/laptops; iPads, iPhones, and Microsoft Office suite. Bachelor’s degree not required.
- Broad Windows-based workstation hardware and software knowledge base and the ability to review and gather changing technological information in these areas.
- iOS-based mobile device hardware and software knowledge base and the ability to review and gather changing technological information in these areas. Experience working with mobile device management software, MaaS360 preferred.
- Ability to create scripts to utilize for software deployment/upgrades desired.
- Excellent customer service focus with ability to develop strong working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to facilitate knowledge transfer as appropriate to the user community.
- Exceptional patience when dealing with the user community, especially when inadequate problem definition detail is provided.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills especially when faced with many, varied tasks on an unplanned basis.
- Ability to learn/adapt to changes in both supported hardware and software.
The NeuroPace Team has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to expand the clinical practice for epilepsy care. The selling approach starts with the clinical team of epileptologists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, and the allied professionals who define the appropriate care for patients who are candidates for device therapy. Further call points include the breadth of economic buyers to patient advocacy groups. This is a unique opportunity to work with world-renowned Epilepsy Centers promoting NeuroPace’s singular RNS® System.
- Set an aggressive sales strategy and sales plan to develop new accounts and to grow existing account business.
- Develop physician champions for product adoption in both new and existing accounts while increasing the user base per generator.
- Drive successful market development activities from planning to end results, with particular efforts to strengthen key referral networks
- Implement a targeted approach to growing the business, including action plans that utilize strategic selling sales methodologies
- Incorporate tactical selling skills through proficiency in selling language that includes consultative or solution-need selling
- Establish excellent relationships with physicians allied health professionals; specifically epileptologists, neurologists and neurosurgeons in the territory.
- Manage effective customer education and training; driving participation in specific company sponsored educational and training programs
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of RNS® System through presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, clinical sheets, iPad, manuals etc.).
- Manage patients through all phases of the clinical process, as well as educate them on the features and benefits of NeuroPace products
- Work with customers and Field Clinical Engineers to implement Patient Education Programs at key accounts
- Work with Field Clinical Engineers to support patient education events including EFA Meetings and support groups
- Partner with Field Clinical Engineers to achieve business goals set forth within the territory/district and document quarterly activities utilizing provided business tool(s)
- This includes Caspio for patient pipeline management and Salesforce CRM
- Work in close cooperation with Regional and National Sales Management regarding all aspects of territory performance, including overall sales, customer satisfaction, execution of business plan, and reporting mechanisms.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to identify key decision makers
Job Requirements: Qualified candidates will have the following professional skills for this unique opportunity
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts required, advanced degree such as an MBA a strong asset
- Minimum 8 years sales experience within the medical device industry. Experience with Class III implantables highly desired
- Proven track record as a consistent top sales performer, preferably in a neurologic focused industry with active implantables, cranial (ENT) implanted devices, or in sales of imaging/robotics/navigation systems for minimally invasive neurosurgery
- Demonstrated success as an individual performer yet effectively leverage team selling to meet and exceed customer needs
- Proficiency in strategic account planning and written development plans
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with corporate contacts such as Field Clinical Engineers and case management teams to aid clinicians in their epilepsy practice
- Consistent performance under corporate Business Conduct and AdvaMed compliance.
- Demonstrated verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- PC and mobile based communication at a professional level, suited for peers, for corporate and for customer contact
- Business analysis and sales tracking skills
- Required travel to customer clinics, hospitals and offsite meetings approximately 70%-80% of the time
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical Job Requirements
- The physical demands of the position require full mobility along with transporting product bags, up to 35 pounds.
The Vice President of Manufacturing Operations is responsible for the timely, efficient and economical production of products that meet or exceed quality standards and achieve company goals and objectives. He or she will be solely responsible to lead the manufacturing organization, utilizing advanced methods, such as, lean production and continual improvement techniques in conformance with FDA regulations. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Manufacturing Operations will work with leaders from the Commercial organization to establish and meet or exceed the Production Schedule. In addition to achieving the production schedule, he or she will lead continuing improvement efforts to improve manufacturing yields, reduce materials cost and improve productivity. Additionally, he or she will collaborate with leaders from appropriate parts of the organization to contribute to the creation and updates of the product roadmap. This position requires diverse operations management experience: strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, performance monitoring and reporting, personnel management, team building, team management, growth management, corporate compliance, streamlining, client management, operations workflows as well as knowledge of and compliance with company policies and guidelines.
Key responsibilities are directing the company’s manufacturing activities, including production operations, manufacturing engineering, materials management and equipment/facilities maintenance, to ensure maximum effectiveness is obtained for the production of quality products within specified time and budgetary guidelines. This position is accountable to ensure products meet or exceed quality standards, required delivery schedules are met, and leadership is provided in continuous improvement activities to successfully enable scalability while achieving corporate goals of quality, cost, and delivery.
- Create strategic relationships with all internal leaders and associates to design and execute manufacturing strategies and process improvements focused on improving manufacturing processes and yields as well as reducing manufacturing costs through innovative methodologies and established manufacturing principles such as, 5S, Lean, Single Piece Flow, and Six Sigma.
- Improve operating margins by establishing, measuring, and meeting goals related, but not limited to on time delivery, cycle time reduction, yield improvement, internal rework and improved throughput.
- Develop capacity planning strategies and define and implement the means to leverage existing electronic systems for improved prediction of resource needs.
- Champion data-driven, continuous improvement efforts, in a solutions-oriented environment. Propose and support new ideas and help to implement them.
- Formulate policies, programs, and objectives regarding the production schedule, product quality, and cost of manufactured products; maintain a shared accountability for gross margin with strong financial acumen to deliver on cost targets.
- Collaborate with the Product Development and Research functions on new product development, pilot operations, implementation of manufacturing capability and design transfer.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and most importantly – inspiration ‐ to the Director of Manufacturing, Sr. Manager of Materials Management, Director of Business Process Excellence as well as the entire department and peers
- 15+ years progressive manufacturing operations, leadership and strategy experience in low to medium volume manufacturing environments; demonstrated working knowledge of FDA QSRs and applicable ISO standards, such as ISO 13485
- Knowledge and deployment of state-of-the-art manufacturing practices (including continuous flow and batch processes) as well as quality and continuous improvement techniques, strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication, interpersonal effectiveness, and leadership
- Demonstrated leadership in Manufacturing Operations of complex electro‐mechanical devices; 5S, Lean, Six Sigma or other TQM process improvement. Current Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in leveraging world class ERP, PLM, MES tools to optimize capacity planning, material movement, shop floor management, and reporting required.
- Must be a hands on, experienced business systems software user.
- Specific experience in IFS, EtQ and SalesForce, highly beneficial
- Strong combination of business operations, quality, continuous improvement, process development and program management experience to provide unique and ‘cross industry’ business solutions.
- Ability to establish, extend, and maintain trust with all stakeholders – customers, business partners, investors and coworkers – will be key in this essential role.
- Ability to lead and mentor staff to achieve significant results
- Excellent team building, communication, verbal, writing, and presentation skills.
- Possess high professional ethics, good judgment, and ability to take decisive action.
Culture & Values
NeuroPace is dedicated to developing, manufacturing and marketing safe and effective medical devices that improve the quality of life for patients with neurological disorders. Company priorities include the development of high quality products focused on customer needs and the maintenance of a work environment where employees are respected and encouraged to excel.
By fostering individual performance, teamwork and the spirit of partnership, we provide both the tools and the environment to help employees excel as individuals as well as team members.
NeuroPace offers a comprehensive package including:
- Pre-IPO stock option plan
- 401(k) plan
- Medical insurance with PPO and HMO options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Domestic partner health coverage
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Section 125 flexible benefits program, including Health Care Spending Accounts and Child Care Spending Accounts
- Section 529 college savings plan
- Three weeks paid vacation to start
- Eleven paid holidays
- PTO for sick time and family emergencies
- Other benefits
– Health club membership
– Patent awards program
– Anniversary rewards
– Casual dress – everyday
– Company picnics, parties and barbecues
– Fully stocked kitchen
– and more!